Friday 16 October 2009

Singin' in the Rain...






The clouds and rain are back in Ireland. We were blessed with a crisp and sunny September, but now the skies are dark across the fields and it gets harder and harder to leave my cozy bed.  What else to do then but...make Snickerdoodles!!


Cookies are my biggest winter comfort food. Unfortunately. But oh so, so fortunately!  These easy cookies are a delight to most: simple, sweet, and easy to throw together.


Snickerdoodles


1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
1 Cup Butter, softened
1/4 tsp.Vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar (or like me if you don't have it, a tsp. or two of lemon juice)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt


Topping
1/2 Cup White Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon


First mix the sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs until all is nice and fluffy.  If your nieces and nephews are now stealing bits out of the bowl, you know you're doing good so far.


Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Add slowly to the sugar mixture.


Roll the dough into small balls, I usually do about the size of a golf ball.


Roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until lightly coated.  Place on a cookie sheet that isn't greased!


Bake for 8-10 minutes at 325F, or 260C.











My niece Emily is quite the budding chef. Here are the mini quiches she made in school today:





She could teach me a few things!


I can't seem to get the lighting on a lot of my baking pictures right...they always come out too bright and garish no matter how many lights I adjust in the kitchen.





How did this stud get in here? Hmm....Tomorrow he is cooking stuffed Lemon Sole with Mint Roasted Potatoes. I love having a husband that enjoys spending time in the kitchen. 


What are you cooking this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment