Wednesday 21 October 2009

Pumpkin Puree and Sweet Roasted Seeds





Here is my long sought after pumpkin that my lovely husband bought for me at Sainsbury's.  It's beautiful and I think should have been named...





I follwed The Pioneer Woman's recipe and found it to be so simple. (And it made the house smell pretty yummy! Yankee Candle has some competition.) 


As you can see above I gutted Big Mama (I feel like I should be chewing on a blade of grass while saying this) and saved the seeds for munching later. 










(Oven should be at 350F/180C)



















Voilà! 


Now for your seeds...


Rinse and dry them, and put them on a baking sheet covered with tin foil.  Roast for about 30 minutes at 350F (180C) or until browned.


In the meantime, prepare a bowl with 4 T of sugar mixed with 2 T of AllSpice (Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves).


Put a tablespoon or two of oil into a skillet and pop them in there.  Put in 2 T of sugar. Toss the seeds around in the oil until the sugar is melted.


Move the seeds into the bowl of sugar glory, and mix them up. Then eat them up! 







No comments:

Post a Comment